Posted in Landmark News
2017 Annual Report is now available.
Posted in Animal Nutrition, Blog
Next week will bring cold weather that we have yet to experience this year. While there are many concerns on a farm when cold weather strikes, your calves’ well being is undoubtedly one of them. Here are some quick tips from Jeff Geier, resident calf expert on Landmark’s Animal Nutrition team.
- Offer clean fresh water several times per day.
- Be sure you are delivering the milk bottles to the calves at the proper temperature. Milk can easily cool off between mixing and delivery.
- Use calf blankets with young calves or those ones who need a little extra help.
- Ensure clean FRESH starter is available
- There should be enough bedding for the calf to “nest” and curl up in
- Keep all drafts off calves
- Make sure there is adequate air movement
- NEW CALVES should receive a proper amount of colostrum immediately after birth.
To learn more about managing for cold weather or calf management, call or email Jeff at 608-558-0233 or email@example.com